Home Page
History
Location
Administration
P. G. Departments
Colleges
Courses
Examinations
Symposia/ Seminars/ Workshops
News (UGC) and Announcements
Library
Academic Staff College
Distance Education
Vocational Courses
Sports Council
Feedback
Administrative login
Anti Ragging Regulation

HISTORY AT A GLANCE

  • On 02.01.1952 Universities of Bihar was separated from Patna University, but with its headquarters at Patna

  • In the year 1960 - The Bihar State Universities Act 1960 bifurcated the existing University of Bihar into three separate Universities, namely; (1) Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (2) Ranchi University, Ranchi (3) Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur.

  • Again in the year 1961 - The Bihar University Act 1961 bifurcated the existing Bihar University, Muzaffarpur into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Magadh University, Bodh Gaya

  • Again in the year 1973 Bihar University, Muzaffarpur, was bifurcated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Mithila University,Darbhanga

  • In the year 1990 - Again Bihar University, Muzaffarpur was bifurcated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and J.P. University, Chapra.

  • In the year 1992 - The name of Bihar University was changed to BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR BIHAR UNIVERSITY, MUZAFFARPUR and since then it is known as B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.




Google
 
Site designed and developed by
University Department of Mathematics,
B R Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur